I will start my letter by wishing you success in your mandate and extending hope that you will definitely manage reforms and growth in your beloved nation.
Yet this is not enough to resolve the impasse.
What is required Mr. Putin is that Russia leads positively the way in managing transition in Syria.
There is no better contribution to world peace than this Russian policy in this precise moment in global geopolitics.
While the Arab Plan and the Annan Plan are both to be considered without effective tools to be implemented, I tend to consider a Russian plan an utmost necessity.
The Russian plan can lay the following principles: Russian Air One will transport to exile the Assad family, a triumvirate composed of military/civilian personalities will act exerting the presidential powers ( a high ranking general, the female vice president and an opposition figure ) , a new cabinet will be formed , the parliament will be dissolved, all political prisoners will be freed, universal rights will be observed and respected, free municipal elections and following general elections will be implemented within two years.
The Russian plan will be the most influential act in geopolitics in the 21st century and its consequences will reverberate for many years to come.
In truth the Russian Plan will create a better environment to negotiate with Iran the nuclear file, it will convince both the US president and the Turkish leader meeting in South Korea to desist from escalatory actions (further steps) in Syria, it will help the Israeli Security circle to realize that diplomacy might well deliver results in the near future, and finally it will project a huge Russian soft power worldwide.
This is the role we long for Russia to play since many years in the international arena, this is the duality that world citizenry desire to have in strategic circles, where both the US and Russia will compete to install world peace and defend energy routes.
Mr. President, there is not much time ahead, and I am keen to consider that the Syrian regime will do all possible to stay in power, they live in archaic caverns.
Only a Russian resolve leading a band-wagon “Friends of Syria” can project a solution.
I call on you to declare the plan and to send your envoy to Syria to lead the initiative and spare further damage for all.
Russian failure, I am afraid will plunge the Middle East in the darkest era.
“A reformer may well walk in difficult times to extricate mud waters, yet he will always reconsider and rehabilitate old policies”
- U.N. backs Annan’s Syria peace plan (cbsnews.com)
- UN Security Council agrees to statement on Syria – Reuters UK (uk.reuters.com)
- UN Council Backs Annan’s Syria Peace Plan (news.sky.com)
- Russia, China join UN demand for Syria peace move (hazimc.wordpress.com)
- Russia offers to back Annan’s Syria plan at UN (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- US welcomes ‘evolution’ in Russia’s stand on Syria (alternet.org)
- Russia offers to back Annan’s Syria plan (news.smh.com.au)
- US hopeful as Russia endorses Annan plan for Syria (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- West dilutes UN council text on Syria peace bid – Reuters (reuters.com)
- Russia offers to back Annan’s Syria plan at UN – Fox News (foxnews.com)
- ‘ID please, Mr. President’: Putin to get new papers (rt.com)
- Lavrov comments on Putin-Obama meeting and Syria (laaska.wordpress.com)
- NATO says Putin unlikely to attend Chicago summit (sacbee.com)
- NATO says Putin unlikely to attend Chicago summit (newsok.com)
- How will Vladimir Putin handle Russia’s continuing protests? (russianreport.wordpress.com)
- Vladimir Putin Promises “New Economy” if Elected President (rogueoperator.wordpress.com)